Sunday, March 22, 2009

BufBloPoFo '09 - Day Nine - The Kids Are Alright

Lisa Garvey asks, "Have your kids ever seen you on stage (improv or band) and if so, what do they think?!"

First of all, Lisa, let me thank you for the many kind words about me in your blog. I don't get many goatee compliments, but I likes 'em!
I can answer your question with a resounding YES! All of the Kreuzer clan have seen me perform. Most recently, the entire fam saw me in "God's Favorite" at Desiderio's Dinner Theatre. They enjoyed the show and marveled at seeing me "act". They know I'm goofy, but that was the first time they all saw me doing regular theater.
Although, I was fortunate to share the stage with my son Jeremy in a Daemen College Theatre production of "A Doll's House".

It was an unforgettable experience.


They have all seen the Eclectic Company perform, and LOVE it. Of course, I give most of the credit to Peter, Don, Todd and Mike. On the rare occasions when Jump The Shark is playing a festival or lawn fete, Melissa will take the kids to see me rock. It's awesome to see them dancing, jumping around and air-guitaring in front of the stage.




My youngest, Jack, took this picture at the Taste of Niagara. It's one of my favorite band photos.



I've been teaching a musical theatre class at my daughter Cassidy's dance studio and have been able to perform with her at her recitals, too. She does it all. Dances, sings, acts. I'm gonna ride her coat-tails right to the top!
I love when the kids can see me perform. If anything, it shows them that they can do whatever they want in their own lives. You don't have to move to NYC or LA if you like to act or sing. Be a doctor, lawyer, teacher or ditch digger, but save some room for the other things you love. Those things don't have to be stage-related, BTW. It can be sports or crafts, reading or writing, helping your fellow man or making the world a better place. Just find out what you love, and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment